Anime & Manga Forum | Ohtahkuu
How do you store your anime? Ijokpl

Hello, I just want to let you know that guests do not have permission to post in the forums. So please take 2 seconds of your time to register so that you can participate in the discussions! Thank you!
How do you store your anime? Ijokpl

Hello, I just want to let you know that guests do not have permission to post in the forums. So please take 2 seconds of your time to register so that you can participate in the discussions! Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for fellow otaku to get together and talk about what they like best!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you store your anime?

Go down 
+3
GuardianChaos
frogfu79
nzdesign
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

Rep : 8

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Th_7ff6edf9

How do you store your anime? Empty
PostSubject: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I've been wondering how most anime fans and otaku keep their anime.. like me i download them and store them.. but now i found that i need to but external HDD to keep more...

How do you store your anime? Neevdc
Back to top Go down
http://0128578753maxis.deviantart.com/
frogfu79
Lord of Bats
Lord of Bats
frogfu79

Rep : 7

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Untitled-16

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 pm

I usually download ad sore on them on a dvd so I can watch them on computers and dvd players, then delete them from my computer.

Much cheaper than an external HD.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 pm

frogfu79 wrote:
I usually download ad sore on them on a dvd so I can watch them on computers and dvd players, then delete them from my computer.

Much cheaper than an external HD.

ooh... too bad i don't even have a DVD/Bluray Player... i only got this cheap player that cost 50~60 US (around MYR 250) that have 3 USB ports and 1 sata port.. it plays almost any video format.. it has RGB, HDMI output, VGA, and the white with many pins.. digital output...(idk the name)
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

Rep : 14

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Th_1c8d9dc8

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 am

I love to make AMVs so I download anime and store them on external hard drives.

How do you store your anime? Anime11
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 am

GuardianChaos wrote:
I love to make AMVs so I download anime and store them on external hard drives.

How do you store your anime? Anime11

holy STTT ... 1.25 TB.....
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 am

Yep its 1.25 TB. This is my 3rd external hard drive. I have a 250 GB, a 500 GB, and a 2 TB. The other 2 are full. This one is almost full. I only have 300 GB left on it. My birthday is in October. I'm gonna give myself a 4 TB hard drive.

I've made it very clear that I do in fact, have a serious addiction to anime and manga. You should see my house.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 am

GuardianChaos wrote:
Yep its 1.25 TB. This is my 3rd external hard drive. I have a 250 GB, a 500 GB, and a 2 TB. The other 2 are full. This one is almost full. I only have 300 GB left on it. My birthday is in October. I'm gonna give myself a 4 TB hard drive.

I've made it very clear that I do in fact, have a serious addiction to anime and manga. You should see my house.

i started addiction back when i first watch kimikiss pure rouge.. then i start download and keep.. almost full 250GB in my laptop HDD.. but later then, my laptop HDD crash and i lost everything.. i start again last year...
Back to top Go down
Takuma Hirose
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
Takuma Hirose

Chibi : How do you store your anime? 8f4f2b84

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 am

Happy Birthday! 2 months advance. I have not even touch a hard drive exceeding 500 GB. Well I don't really need it but 4 TB... you blew my socks off Very Happy

Again Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 am

Ooh man that sucks. That is why I got external hard drives. My computer crashed once and I almost lost everything. Its a good thing I know people who was able to retrieve most of my stuff. I did lose some of my AMVs but I can always make new ones. I got into anime when I was almost 10. My first anime was Fist of the North Star. Then I got really addicted when I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. That was in the early 90's as well. And for the last 20 years, I've been collecting anime and manga. So I have about 20 years worth of anime and manga. In my house that is. My computer is different. I didn't start collecting anime on my computer until about 7 years ago. Before, I would download them and then delete them, then I found the awesome art of AMVs. That is when I started collecting anime on my comp.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:08 am

good.. then it's best you get this kind of player

How do you store your anime? 8125_1285461649

How do you store your anime? Packard-Bell-Studio-ST-Home-Media-Player-2

you can directly plug in your HDD and watch it on TV
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 am

Takuma Hirose wrote:
Happy Birthday! 2 months advance. I have not even touch a hard drive exceeding 500 GB. Well I don't really need it but 4 TB... you blew my socks off Very Happy

Again Happy Birthday!

Thanks. I'm gonna be 30 Sad I'm getting so old. But the older you get, the cooler stuff you can afford. LOL. at least that is what I tell myself.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 am

GuardianChaos wrote:
Ooh man that sucks. That is why I got external hard drives. My computer crashed once and I almost lost everything. Its a good thing I know people who was able to retrieve most of my stuff. I did lose some of my AMVs but I can always make new ones. I got into anime when I was almost 10. My first anime was Fist of the North Star. Then I got really addicted when I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. That was in the early 90's as well. And for the last 20 years, I've been collecting anime and manga. So I have about 20 years worth of anime and manga. In my house that is. My computer is different. I didn't start collecting anime on my computer until about 7 years ago. Before, I would download them and then delete them, then I found the awesome art of AMVs. That is when I started collecting anime on my comp.

wow..i love to be in your shoes... back in grade school (12y.o.), i watch Dash and Go and Digimon.. never miss an episodes.. but then my parent found out and they said it's bad influence and what so ever.. so back then i can't even draw manga anymore.. only then when i was in highschool(16y.o.) i start my habit again when i watch Gunslinger Girl... and also i start drawing that pic on my sig, naked.. then my mom find out.. i'm grounded from pencil and papers.. after my highschool i'm force to take engineering and not allowed to take animation design.. or anything related to anime and cartoons..now here i'm i start addicted again after watch kimikiss pure rouge...(2010)...they can't stop me because i'm not under their care anymore once turn 18...
Back to top Go down
Takuma Hirose
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
Takuma Hirose

Chibi : How do you store your anime? 8f4f2b84

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 am

I'm jealous. I can't afford anything right now. Stuck with parental support. I appreciate it very much and am indebt for the things they've done but now that I'm growing up as a young adult I want to be able to support myself. I plan to move out as soon as I can afford living by myself. Or maybe share an apparment with some friends to minimize the living expenses.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 am

Takuma Hirose wrote:
I'm jealous. I can't afford anything right now. Stuck with parental support. I appreciate it very much and am indebt for the things they've done but now that I'm growing up as a young adult I want to be able to support myself. I plan to move out as soon as I can afford living by myself. Or maybe share an apparment with some friends to minimize the living expenses.

i dunno if it's available in your country, i rent a room and stay there.. it is cheap, lets see... basic engineer salary in Malaysia = MYR 2000.. my rental monthly only MYR 200.. and utility included.. i dont have a car and i commute everyday to work... the station is just 2 minutes walk
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 am

nzdesign wrote:
GuardianChaos wrote:

wow..i love to be in your shoes... back in grade school (12y.o.), i watch Dash and Go and Digimon.. never miss an episodes.. but then my parent found out and they said it's bad influence and what so ever.. so back then i can't even draw manga anymore.. only then when i was in highschool(16y.o.) i start my habit again when i watch Gunslinger Girl... and also i start drawing that pic on my sig, naked.. then my mom find out.. i'm grounded from pencil and papers.. after my highschool i'm force to take engineering and not allowed to take animation design.. or anything related to anime and cartoons..now here i'm i start addicted again after watch kimikiss pure rouge...(2010)...they can't stop me because i'm not under their care anymore once turn 18...

Well I would have to say that I was quite lucky when it came to parents. They would completely support me in anything I wanted to do. Which is why I watched anime, read manga, played Softball, played the trumpet, took art classes, took a piano class, a calligraphy class. was in show choir, and played disc golf. All before I was 16. Which wasn't easy cause we lived on an American Indian Reservation. I didn't get along with kids in my school, so doing anything to keep my mind off it was nice.
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 am

Takuma Hirose wrote:

Well I learned a long time ago, to pay off my debts. So now, I'm 29 years old, my husband and I own our house, property, and we are getting ready to install solar power to our house. Our monthly bills only come up to 1300 a month and my husband brings home 5300 after taxes. Becoming a teenage parent, we had to take a special class over finances, and it paid off. It was a good class because it taught me what I needed to know about paying off debts and building credit.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 am

i see.....
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 am

nzdesign wrote:
good.. then it's best you get this kind of player

How do you store your anime? 8125_1285461649

How do you store your anime? Packard-Bell-Studio-ST-Home-Media-Player-2

you can directly plug in your HDD and watch it on TV

I might have to look into that. Honestly. It would be nice. Though we do have PS3's but I can't get them to share the homegroup network with my computer so that we can watch it on the TV.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:42 am

you can get this player 40~60 bucks in USD ... in my country just couple hundreds..
Back to top Go down
GuardianChaos
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
GuardianChaos

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 am

nzdesign wrote:
you can get this player 40~60 bucks in USD ... in my country just couple hundreds..

Yeah, I'm gonna have to look into that. It would be so nice to watch some of my anime on the TV without having to burn DVD's.
Back to top Go down
BAKA
Glorious Bastard
Glorious Bastard
BAKA

Rep : 7

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Th_b49654be

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:50 am

Burn them into CD's and watch in LCD or watch in Compter ( Yeah i have big screen ) By downloading and coverting the format ~
Back to top Go down
Hanyuu
Dedicated
Dedicated
Hanyuu

Rep : 0

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Untitled-17

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I just connect the computer directly to the TV, quality is as good as you can get and it doesn't require any extra equipment.
Back to top Go down
Site Admin
Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Rep : 9

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Goo-7

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Hanyuu wrote:
I just connect the computer directly to the TV, quality is as good as you can get and it doesn't require any extra equipment.

This.....is a good idea, I'll have to do that lol

But idk if you understood the question Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohtahkuu.com
Hanyuu
Dedicated
Dedicated
Hanyuu

Rep : 0

Chibi : How do you store your anime? Untitled-17

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh, the actual question? I keep it on the hard drive on the computer, lol. Downloads, 1080p if possible.
Back to top Go down
nzdesign
Forum Lord
Forum Lord
nzdesign

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 am

Hanyuu wrote:

yea that's what i do.. now using S-Video but the resolution drop.. but some TV doesn't have hdmi or vga... my tv is quite old fashion.. it still use RGB/YRW and S-Video port..it's second hand.... i might want to buy new TV in future.. one with 70" screen .. but now i need to save first..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your anime?   How do you store your anime? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you store your anime?
Page 1 of 1